(i) Izudi J, Anyigu S. and Ndungutse D. “Adherence to Integrated Management of Childhood Illnesses Guideline in Treating South Sudanese Children with Cough or Difficulty in Breathing,” International Journal of Pediatrics, vol.2017 (2017) doi:10.1155/2017/5173416
(ii) Mugagga-Muwanguzi R. ‘Two-Faced’ Acceptance of International Criminal Justice Accountability Mechanisms by Actors in the Northern Uganda Armed Conflict. In After Nuremberg. Exploring Multiple Dimensions of the Acceptance of International Criminal Justice; online edited volume of International Nuremberg Principles Academy
(iii) Ntulume, I., Tibyangye, J., Aliero, A.A., and Barugahare, J.B. Prevalence of Intestinal Protozoan Infections and the Associated Risk Factors among Children in Bushenyi District, Western Uganda. IJTDH (2017); 23(2): 1-9. DOI: 10.9734/IJTDH/2017/33255
(iv) Adedeji A.A., Namiwanda V, Akaso E, Kwikiriza I, Vicente-Crespo M.Modulation of allosteric load by fluoxetine and ascorbic acid in stressed Drosophila melanogaster; ABAM 2017, 5 (1): 29-36.
(v) Adedeji A.A., Vicente-Crespo M. Rejuvenating research and training in biomedical sciences in Nigeria: Drosophila melanogaster provides as a versatile alternative model; ABAM 2017, 5 (1): 1-10.
(i) Tibyangye J., Okech M.A.,Maniga J.N., and Nakavuma L.J. (2017). Urinary Tract Infections Etiology and Antimicrobial Drugs Usage; LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, ISBN-10: 3330330139 or ISBN-13: 978-3330330139.
- Contributions to Scientific Conferences:
(i) Katusiime A. and Ejiri A.H. Examining factors that determine Information System Success in Rural Uganda: A case of Ruhira Millennium Village Projects, International Conference on eBusiness and eGovernment (ICEBEG:2017), Kampala, Ug.
(ii) Ajagun-Ogunleye M.O, Adedeji A.A, Vicente-Crespo M.Moringaoleifera, not Ananas sativa, Increases Learning and Memory as Age Progresses in Drososphila melanogaster; Poster; SONA2017, Entebbe, Ug
(iii) Tsamiya A.S, Chakraborty S, Kumar-Valand N.H, Vicente-Crespo M. Talk; Validation of a pre-eclampsia monitoring tool (PetographTM) among pregnant mothers in Jinja regional referral hospital: a cross-sectional study; AOGU International Conference 2017; Kampala, Ug
- Invited seminars:
(i) Vicente-Crespo M. “DrosAfrica: Building an African Biomedical Research Community using Drosophila” – Possibilities to do international cooperation from an academic position –; July2017; ICGEB International Seminar Programme, ICGEB, Trieste (Italy)
(ii) Vicente-Crespo, M. Drosophila melanogaster as a model to study Tropical
Diseases; April 2017; SPADS Conference, Bushenyi (Ug)
(i) Suffrage Science Award 2017 in Engineering and Physical Sciences by the MRC London Institute of Medical Sciences to Vicente-Crespo M.
- Grants and submissions:
(i) (NIH K23 MH099916 (PI: Siedner) 07/08/13 – 06/30/18
Title: Behavioral Aspects of Low-cost Medical Devices to Improve
Purpose: To develop a technology acceptance model for behavioral evaluation of novel, patient-centered interventions in resource-limited settings.
Role: Co-Investigator Dr. Annabella Habinka Ejiri
(ii) Micro research initiative – Canada 01/10/16 – 30/08/17
Title: Understanding Factors Contributing to Teenage Pregnancy in
Kabingo Sub-county, Isingiro District, Uganda Role: Co-Investigator Dr. Annabella Habinka Ejiri Amount: 2000USD
(iii) World Bank- Ministry of Health Project 01/02/16 – 30/06/17
Title: Development of Unified Infrastructure and Implementation
Plan for Interconnecting health facilities
Role: Principal Investigator Dr. Annabella Habinka Ejiri
- Pending: EACE, Final round of selection for UNCST NSTIP Call for R&D Proposals_FY 2017/18 by a team led by Vicente- Crespo M.
- Unsuccessful: SPIDER, SPHEIR (led by U. of Bath), Grand Challenges Seed Grant (Wearables) with SAIU team led by Vicente-Crespo M.
(iv) Supervised Postgraduate students:
- “A Model For Adoption Of Mobile Tracking System In Resource Constrained Districts Of Uganda: A Case Study OfKayunga District”; AsiinahNanyombi MSc Computing; MUST, Ug; Jan 2017; supervisor Ejiri A.H.
- “Evaluation Of District Health Information Software Version 2 (Dhis2) Success Factors – A Case For The Greater Bushenyi Districts, Uganda”; Hussein MuhaiseMSc Computing; MUST, Ug; Jan 2017; supervisor Ejiri A.H.
iii. “A Model For Evaluating The Adoption Of Electronic Health Records In Mbarara Regional Referral Hospital” Banshanga Moreen MSc Computing; MUST, Ug; Jan 2017; supervisor Ejiri A.H.
- “A Model For Determining The Future Of A Wetland Using Satellite Images: A Case Of Lubigi Wetland” Martin Musinguzi MSc Computing; MUST, Ug; Jan 2017; supervisor Ejiri A.H.
- “Formulation and nutritional evaluation of a biscuit for malnourished children processed from supplemented ripe cooking banana”; Stellamaris Kembabazi MSc. Biochemistry; KIU, Ug; May 2017; supervisor Vicente- Crespo M.
- Evaluating Commcare Information Systems Success In Millennium Villages Project; MSc candidate Anita Katusiime; Dept. of Computer Science; MUST, Uganda; supervisor Ejiri A.H.
vii. A Framework For Evaluating The Adoption Of Information Systems In Healthcare Central Kampala, Uganda; MSc candidate Enos Nahurira; Dept. of Computer Science; MUST, Uganda; supervisor Ejiri A.H.
viii. A Human Centered Framework For Power Tarrifs Planning. Case Study: Umeme, Masaka, Uganda; MSc candidate Rahab Atuhaire; Dept. of Computer Science; MUST, Uganda; supervisor Ejiri A.H.
- Evaluating The Adoption Of Dspace Open Source Software For Institutional Repositories In Universities In Uganda: A Case Of Makerere University; MSc candidate Wilson Adriko; Dept. of Computer Science; MUST, Uganda; supervisor Ejiri A.H.
- A Model For Real Time Inventory Tracking In Telecom Distribution Supply Chain Of Airtel Airtime; MSc candidate Eddie Musana; Dept. of Computer Science; MUST, Uganda; supervisor Ejiri A.H.
- Health Research Collaboration Cloud Computing Architectures; PhD
candidate Mugonza Robert, Dept. of Computer Science; MUST, Uganda;
supervisor Ejiri A.H.
- A Robust Automated Tool For Prediction, Diagnosis And Classification Of Cervical Cancer; PhD candidate Wasswa William, Dept. of Computer Science; MUST, Uganda; supervisor Ejiri A.H.
iii. An Android Based Boyd Security Model for Small and Medium Enterprises; PhD candidate Richard Ntwari, Dept. of Computer Science; MUST, Uganda; supervisor Ejiri A.H.
- Feasibility Of Electronic Medical Records System (Emrs) In Monitoring Diabetes Care In A Tertiary Facility In South Western Uganda; MSc candidate Lasto Mubiru; Dept. of Computer Science; MUST, Uganda; supervisor Ejiri A.H.
- Information Communication Technology And Performance Management In Organisations: A Case Of National Water And Sewerage Corporation (Nwsc); MSc candidate Alex Ashabahebwa; Dept. of Computer Science; MUST, Uganda; supervisor Ejiri A.H.
- A Prediction Model For Antiretroviral Therapy (Art) Adherence Success Rates Among Pregnant Women With Hiv/Aids, To The Prevention Of Mother To Child Transmission (Pmtc) Of Hiv. Case Study Lira Regional Referral Hospital; MSc candidate TonnyOjok; Dept. of Computer Science; MUST, Uganda; supervisor Ejiri A.H.
vii. A Model For Pediatric Post-Discharge Monitoring In Rural Uganda: A Case Study Of Rugarama Hospital; MSc candidate Drake Naturinda; Dept. of Computer Science; MUST, Uganda; supervisor Ejiri A.H.
viii. “Assessment for the production of novel Bioactive compound (s) from selected Actinomycetes isolated from waste-dump soil in Uganda”; PhD candidate AdamuAlmustapha Aliero; Dept. of Microbiology; KIU, Uganda; supervisor Okech M.
- “Prevalence and Molecular diversity of drug resistant Plasmodium falciparum parasites to artemisinin combination therapies in Bushenyi District, Uganda”; PhD candidate Maniga Nyabayo Josephat; Dept. of Microbiology; KIU, Uganda; supervisor Okech M.
- “Molecular characterization of Human Papilloma virus among women with cervical cancer from selected referral Hospital in eastern Uganda”; PhD candidate Eliu Emmanuel; Dept. of Microbiology; KIU, Uganda; supervisor Okech M.
- “Potential anti-ageing effect of Moringaoleifera and Ananascomosus during exposure to stress in Drosophila melanogaster”; PhD candidate MulkahAjagun-Ogunleye, Dept. of Biochemistry; KIU, Uganda; supervisor Vicente-Crespo M.
xii. “Effects of Imperatacylindrica in the neuropathology of a fly model of
seizures”; MSc candidate Frederick Ssempijja, Dept. of Anatomy; KIU, Ug; supervisor Vicente-Crespo M.
xiii. “NMD factors in Drosophila development”; PhD candidate SanusiJega
Ahmed, Dept. of Biochemistry; KIU, Ug; supervisor Vicente-Crespo M.
(v) Undergraduate research:
- A cross sectional study of the prevalence and factors contributing to stroke in medical ward in Mbale regional referral hospital. By Adupa E.
- Assessment of factors that influence self-medication among residents of
Ngora town council, Ngora district. By Ogwang S.
- Validation of a pre-eclampsia monitoring tool (petograph) among pregnant mothers in Jinja regional referral hospital: a cross-sectional study. By Chakraborty S.
- Determination of the main methods of malaria diagnosis used in case medical center and Jinja Regional Referral Hospital: a cross-sectional comparative study. By Kumar-Valand N.H.
(vi) Scientific Events organized:
- SONA2017 Conference, June 2017, Entebbe, Ug; Yusuf S.
- “Drosophila melanogaster in Biomedical Research: Low Cost and Profitable”
workshop; July 2017, UI, Ibadan, Nigeria; Vicente-Crespo M.