SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
School of Business at St. Augustine International University prides itself in training graduates who are holistically prepared for the world of work; through a comprehensive approach in teaching and learning that deliberately combines theory, research and practice.
In connection with the foregoing strands, School of Business shall evolve a uniquely generative pedagogical culture through sustainably putting special emphasis on:
- Progressive exposure of all students to a balanced web of cross-cutting units derived from a variety of academic disciplines and embedded in each of the university’s programs of study, with a view, among other outcomes, to promote versatility warranted by the phenomenon of social change;
- A system of practicum sessions paralleling individual courses of study to encourage and promote skilfulness in connection with the perennial need for translating acquired knowledge into tangible resources;
- Maintaining a vibrant tutorial system to promote attributes of intellectual maturity, intellectual honesty and intellectual humility through reflective and rigorous discourses and discussions favourable for cross-fertilization of ideas;
- Organization of outdoor educational experiences related to students’ particular study programs to enhance their capacity to size up the actualities of the world within the framework of main ideas in the course of study;
- Organization of annual competitive students’ (Individual/group projects) exhibitions, to promote a sense of self-development and capacity for discovery and invention;
- Encouragement of students ‘active participation in activities of specialist subject-based clubs/societies or associations within and outside the university to promote acquisition of expert knowledge in some special direction for intellectual development, equal to self-development, in the context of societal needs;
- Regular exposure of students to first hand educative experiences from a variety of experts and soundly seasoned guest speakers to enrich curricular experiences; and
- Periodical strategic orientation and re-orientation of academic and administrative staff to widen deepen and harmonize insights in their respective functions with a view to efficiently and effectively realize the university’s objectives.
The uniqueness of the school of Business portrays a functional appreciation of its special emphasis on the learner-centred approach to the University curriculum and the educative process that promotes creativity. School of Business perceives creativity in its full measure; the essence of the attitude and behaviour of discovery and invention (DAI) – an invaluable quality most be needed to revamp and transform the African continent and the world at large
To produce excellently trained Business Administrators with a National, Regional, and International reputation in knowledge, research, supervision and leadership.
To conceive, plan, develop and sustain the pursuit of excellence in Business Management skills and research for the development of the business sector in Uganda, Africa and beyond.
To enable students acquire knowledge, skills, and competence required for successful practice of management, leadership, research and to help them develop a holistic personality to lead fulfilling personal and professional lives.
- D in Business Administration by research
- Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (PGD. BA)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- SABIITI MULEMA
HEAD OF BUSINESS STUDIES
BBA, MBA, Ph.D CANDIDATE
- ATWINE ALEX
- ANDREW GIMUGU
- LUVINA AGNES
BCOM, MCOM, MPHIL